I have recently started going dairy-free, which is hard for me. The hardest thing has been finding good dairy-free desserts. There is nothing better than ending off the day with a buttermilk chocolate cupcake or a bowl of creamy ice cream. However, I have found the easiest homemade ice cream recipe. It is dairy free, only takes 3 ingredients (unless you count water) and takes less then twenty minutes.
- 150 mL water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 400 mL tin coconut milk
- Bring water, sugar and cocoa powder to a boil in a medium sauce pan, until sugar is dissolved completely. Allow to cool.
- Stir in coconut milk.
- Transfer into a ziplock bag. Freeze for a few hours or overnight.
- Once frozen, remove from ziplock, break into smaller pieces, and blend until smooth.
- Serve or place back in the freezer to serve later.
Will you be making this delicious ice cream? Let me know in the comments below!
P.S. Want even more recipes? Click here to see how to make homemade Gatorade!