While Sephora Favourite perfume sets are a great gift, give something a bit more personal with this make-your-own fragrance gift set. Using this checklist, create a set of three perfumes that is personalized specifically for your friend/sister/mother/any one else who you are giving a gift to. All the perfumes featured it this post are from The Library of Fragrances. Since everyone has their own preferences when it comes to scents, I have divided this up into Sweet, Natural, Floral, and Coastal. Ready? Let’s dive in!
- Favourite Dessert. Choose from Dark Chocolate to Vanilla Cake Batter to Pumpkin Pie. For an example, I am choosing Gingerbread, in the spirit of the holidays.
- Create a Scenario. What is create about making your own perfume set is that the scents can be worn individually or layered. Therefore, you want to make sure the scents go together. The scenario I am going to create is a cozy night by the fire during the holidays, so let’s add Fireplace.
- Add More Sweetness. Because, this is for someone who loves sweet perfumes, add one more sweet scent to seal the deal. To complement to Gingerbread and Fireplace, I will be adding Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Pick a Season. If they love summer, start off with Sunshine. If they love spring, start with Rain. Again, in the holiday spirit, I will be using Snow as my example.
- Add a Fresh Note. Continue building that scenario by adding a fresh note. I will be adding Mountain Air to create the scenario of a skiing vacation or mountain cabin get-away.
- Finishing Touch. Finish off your scenario with one last scent. To complement Mountain Air and Snow, I will be adding Log Cabin for that perfect cabin vacation.
- Favourite Flower. Start off with their favourite flower. For this example, I will be starting off with Cherry Blossom.
- Double The Floral. The Fragrance Library is great because it recommends what would layer well with each of their scents. So, if you don’t know what additional floral scent to add, try their recommended scent. For Cherry Blossom, they recommend Orange Blossom.
- Sweeten It Up. Add a fruity or sweet scent that will complement your two existing floral scents. To finish off Cherry Blossom and Orange Blossom, I have chosen Peach.
- Pick A Base. They have four great base scents for a coastal perfume: Ocean, Salt Air, Caribbean Sea and Sex on the Beach. For my example, I have chosen Ocean.
- Picture a Beach. To continue building the scenario of being on a beach, they have 4 options: Fresh Coconut, Pina Colada, Pineapple, Sunshine, and Pineapple. To complement Ocean, I picked Pina Colada.
- Add Some Fruity. Finish it off with something fruity. For Ocean and Pina Colada, I decided to go for Mango.
If you need a gift for someone with a sense of humor, The Library of Fragrances has a selection of unusual scents that are sure to make them laugh. Try Play-Doh, Pizza, Tomato, and Baby Shampoo.
Are you excited for the holidays? Let me know in the comments below!
P.S. Want to make your own personalized nail polish set? Click here to find out more!