I personally prefer using my fingers to apply my makeup. It is easier and I don’t have to worry about cleaning the brushes. However, I can’t get away with using my fingers for all my products. So, here are five types of brushes that you should probably have in your collection. Let’s dive in!
- Shaping Brush– This dense, slightly pointed brush is great for contouring and blush. The point will help you get a more calculated look, rather than a flat brush, that is harder to be as exact with.
- Concealer Brush– Although you can use your fingers for most concealers, this brush is a great alternative. It is also good for powder concealers, or a setting powder on your under eyes.
- Foundation Brush– There are a few different types of foundation brushes. This one is great for stippling on your foundation, giving you a more natural look, with more coverage.
- Kabuki Brush– This is great for bronzer and powder. This brush is great for dusting on different powder products, but it can apply it liberally, so be cautious.
- Eyeshadow Brush– If you are applying a powder eyeshadow, rather than a cream one, that you will need this brush. Also, use this tip on your brush before applying your eyeshadow to get a more intense colour payoff!
What is your favourite type of brush? Let me know in the comments below!
P.S. A foundation brush + this tip = a glowing, airbrushed finish!