As some of you may know, I spent most of August in Cozumel, Mexico. Three weeks is a long vacation and I didn’t pack my entire skin care and makeup collection. After about a week, my skin was screaming for some attentions. Therefore, I bring you 5 travel hacks for skin care and beauty, so you can take care of your skin when traveling. Let’s get started!
- If you forgot to pack an exfoliator, or don’t want to pack one, then use those little sugar packs you get with coffee. Sugar is amazing when it comes to exfoliating, and the little packs gives you the perfect amount and isn’t too messy, which is a plus.
- Did you forget or run out of makeup remover? An easy fix is put a bit of moisturizer on a cotton pad. Just make sure it is a face moisturizer, as a body moisturizer may irritate your eyes.
- If your skin ever starts feeling clammy, then wet a hand towel with cold water and place on your forehead. This will cool down your body temperature and make you feel better. Because being sick when on vacation is not fun, at all. You can also place a wet hand towel over your eyes to combat itchy or puffy eyes.
- When traveling, you may be going to places with poorer water quality then what you would normally find at home. Therefore, you want to wash your face less then you ordinarily would. But still wash your face once every day or two, depending if you are still wearing makeup or how much you are sweating.
- Got a breakout mid-trip? Use toothpaste as a spot treatment. Just dab some on the breakout and leave overnight. The mint in the toothpaste will help dry out the breakout.
What travel beauty and skincare hacks do you use? Will you be trying any of these on your next trip? Let me know in the comments below!